· The Witches: Directed by Robert Zemeckis. With Chris Rock, Jahzir Bruno, Octavia Spencer, Brian Bovell. A young boy and his grandmother have a run-in with a coven of witches 7/10(K).
· "The Witch," a period drama/horror film by first-time writer/director Robert Eggers, tellingly advertises itself as "a New England folktale" instead of a fairy tales are, at heart, parables that prescribe moral values. "The Witch," a feminist narrative that focuses on an American colonial family as they undergo what seems to be an otherworldly curse, is more like a sermon.
· The Witch. Although the witch is a predominant character, it is surprisingly not the main antagonist of the film. The witch manifests herself in many forms (a goat, a raven, a rabbit and a seductress) during the entire narrative of the movie.
· The Witch is yet another fine product from A24 Films, retaining its high quality up to the very end, certainly earning its reputation as one of the modern era's most psychologically tasking films.
· T he new movie The Witch, in theaters Friday, draws on both reality and fairy tale to create the story of a Puritan family’s terrifying encounter with the title ker Robert Eggers.
- You Gimme Shit I Give You Shit - Fela Anikulapo Kuti*, Egypt 80 - Live In Amsterdam (Vinyl, LP, Albu